Saturday, July 10, 2010
Popular Fishing Locations for Maine Striped Bass
1. Presumpscot River at the rapids in Falmouth – use jerk bait to mimic disorientated baitfish.
2. Mouth of Mousam River at Parson’s Beach – the perfect spot to pull out your fly rod.
3. Kennebec River in Gardiner off the town pier – use sand worms and fish a slider rig.
4. Penobscot River – troll the shore between Ft. Knox and the power lines using 3 inch rubber Pearl Shad.
5. Pemaquid Beach Park – use herring or mackerel on a slider rig and bring a second rod with a red and white popper.
6. Popham Beach State Park – use herring or mackerel on a slider rig be sure to fish early morning or evening to beat the crowds.
7. Reid State Park – use herring or mackerel on a slider rig and carefully watch the water for jumping bait or diving gulls, as they are sure to mark the location of schooling striped bass.
For the Sportsman who has Everything: